The Projected Value shown in your dashboard tells you how much all plans for your Beneficiary may be worth in the year your Beneficiary turns 18.
For your Beneficiary’s Group Plans, the projected value at maturity includes:
- Principal expected to accumulate over the plan’s lifetime, subject to a lifetime contribution limit of $50,000 across all of a Beneficiary’s plans. The principal in plans not belonging to you may not be available to your Beneficiary.
- Government grants you are expected to collect over the plan’s lifetime.
- Actual income you earned on your principal and government grants to date
- Projected income from today until plan maturity (assuming an average annual 4% net rate of return).
- Group Plan Bonus: Attrition, which is part of the group plan benefits, refers to the income that is not collected by Beneficiaries before their plan matures; it is calculated based on historical rates of participation with an assumed net return of 4%. Calculations also include the Sales Charge Refund, as per the terms of your agreement
For your Beneficiary’s Individual/Family Savings Plans, the projected value tells you how much your plans may be worth on August 31st, of the year your Beneficiary turns 18. This includes:
- Principal paid to date and future scheduled contributions until December 31 in the year your beneficiary turns 17 (if any)
- Government grants you are expected to accumulate
- Actual income earned on your principal and government grants to date
- Projected income from today to August 31st of the year your beneficiary turns 18 (assuming an average annual 2% net rate of return).
The Projected Value for each Beneficiary in a Family Plan with multiple Beneficiaries is estimated using the proportional share of the principal, future scheduled contributions and income on principal you are expected to accumulate for each Beneficiary, the specific share of grant and associated income for each individual beneficiary. This assumes all scheduled contributions will be made.
The projected value is not intended to show an actual future value. Investment returns and the actual future value of your education savings plan cannot be predicted or guaranteed.